There are various ways in which one can tell they have low self esteem.
1. Difficulty speaking up and prioritizing your own needs, wants, and feelings
This may be especially prominent in the context of what others want or need.
2. Saying “I’m sorry” and/or feeling guilty for everyday actions
Feeling guilty for things like taking up space; apologizing for things that you have no control or responsibility for.
3. Not "rocking the boat"
Tendency to follow along with what others are doing, saying, wearing, and going.
4. Not feeling deserving of, or capable of, having “more”
This can lead to unfulfilling (or even toxic) relationships; unsatisfactory or low paying jobs; and overall lower standards.
5. Difficulty making your own choices
And, after making them, having trouble standing by them.
6. Lack of boundaries
Which can lead to vulnerability and hurt.
7. Doing things or buying gifts excessively for other people
Even for those who wouldn’t appreciate it, in order to feel wanted, needed, recognized.
8. Negative self-perception
Not thinking people would like or accept you for who you are.
9. Critical, abusive internal dialogue
How do you vote?